First week of 2021/2022 done!


First Week of school is done! 

Though we only had the students for 3 days it was more than enough to feel that school is back. I loved seeing all my students coming back to the Learning Commons but after the past year and a half I forgot how exhausting full classes were. 

A few things changed this year and I've changed how my classes are conducted this year. So lets take a look at how things are different in the 2021/2022 academic year.

First, a new expansion was built for the LC making it bigger and better. We then divided our series into 3 sections one for students K-2 then another section for 2-3 and the final section for 4-5. We haven't named them yet because we are thinking about names that won't make kids feel bad about reading lower level books. Yet, we also want students to feel excited about reading books from the higher level sections. We'll figure it out but for now they're all called series.

Second, I read this blog post from Cari White on  Library Learners, and decided to try using her Pete the Cat song for my students as well. Though I can't draw Pete the Cat, so instead I some some pictures from Google Search and pasted them to my anchor chart. I taught it to one of my kindergarten classes and it worked well but there were only ten kids in the class. I have a first grade class coming in on Sunday so I can get a real idea of how it works with a full class of twenty.

So that's how my first week back was like. How was yours? Let me know in the comments below!


Comments

Popular Posts