Word of the Year: Focus



 Hello my fellow educators. Have you ever started the school year with good intentions and a gung-ho attitude then by mid semester you've lost direction and all of a sudden everything you set out to do gets pushed back and eventually fizzles out to nothing? Or is it just me?

This year I decided in order to help myself to stay on track I choose to give myself one word to remind me to keep goin and that word is Focus. I wrote the word in the beginning of my bullet journal so that every time I open it up I see the word and remind myself to stick to my goals and to not falter. 

There are three areas of my life that I want to focus un this year and I need constant reminders to not let any of them out of my sight. The first one is professional development. For that my focus is to watch or listen to a webinar or podcast each week. The second area I want to focus on is what I call my Personal Professional Development which is stuff outside of my job but are still professional such as this blog and my TpT store. The final area I want to focus on is my fitness. I tend to be lazy at work and take the elevator or sit down during story time, so I want to focus on those aspects of my life this year and I don't want to falter.

In my bullet journal I created a little tracker for these three areas on my weekly spread. I hope to use the trackers to keep me focused. hopefully by seeing the word focus every time I open my journal and seeing my tracker every day I hope to stay on track. Do you have a word of the year? If so I'd love to hear what your word is.

Comments

Popular Posts