June 2022 Reading Wrap-up

 



Hello Reader Friends! I'm back with June's reading wrap-up! This month I read 6 books: 2 Middle Grades 4 adult books which included one audiobook and one graphic novel. One of my favorite STATS on Storygraph is my Moods. From the looks of it I was in a mysterious mood this month. But enough about my reading STATS lets get into my thoughts on the books I read this month.


                                                            
First book I read this month was the 4th book in the Explorer Academy Series Star Dunes. I'm really enjoying this middle grade sci-fi adventure series. It's a great story line and I learned so much about our world and the environment from this book. While I have a pretty clear idea about how this story ends and the characters are a little Mary Sue-ish I think it's a great book for my students and I won't ever stop recommending it to them. 3/4 stars

                                                   
I got the Audiobook for Woman in the Library from NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for an honest review and I loved it! The 2 stories running concurrently is a new take that I haven't encountered before and they both had me hooked. I don't want to say too much in case I ruin it for any body but if you love mysteries this is definitely a book you need to pick up. I also really loved Katherine Littrell's narration she did a fantastic job with all the different voices and really got me hooked into it from the get-go. 4/5 stars

                                                    
The second middle grade book I read was Roll With It by Jamie Sumner. It was a quick read and cute book. It was about a girl with cerebral palsy who is trying to start taking responsibility for her own care while also navigating a new school with new friends while trying to help her grandmother and mother deal with her mental ailing grandfather. It is a quick read and goes through things fast but I believe it's a great book for students to help them understand more about differently abled people. It's a great book to include in list about and for students with disabilities. 3/4 stars.

                                                  
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness was a little hard to get into at first and I actually started it in January and only just finished it but once I got into it I couldn't put it down. I loved the academic setting in the beginning but my favorite setting in the whole book was her Aunt's house it also happens to be my favorite character. Though in all honesty I loved both the main characters and their family and I can't wait to read the rest of the series to see what happens to them. 4/5 stars

                                                

I love Agatha Christie but the ABC Murders is not my favorite. It was a good tale and I found the quest for the murder interesting but the ending when you find out the truth seemed a little convoluted and unnecessarily complex. So while other Agatha Christie books are usually a 4 star read for me I'm giving this one 3/4 stars.

                                               
Last book I read was the graphic novel Monstress: Awakening which is comprised of the first 6 chapters of the story. It was a dark tale and was a little tough to get through but I really enjoyed the story and honestly I would love it more as a novel because I feel there so much to the story that a graphic novel format doesn't do it justice, though the art work was phenomenal. Because I felt that I was missing a lot of the story I'm giving it 3/4 stars which might change if I get the chance read more of the series.


Comments

Popular Posts