2021 Reading Wrap Up


Hello reader friends!  It's that time of the year when I look back at my reading in 2021 and share my thoughts on what my reading year was like. This year saw some changes to my book tracking. I made the move to StoryGraph. If you want to learn why check out my blog post here.

First off I want to talk about how many books I've read so far this year and I've read soo many. In fact according to StoryGraph I've read over 200 books which may make you think "wow she's such a reader" but the truth is in the STATS. I have read 159 children's books. 


Out of those, 100 of them were picture books. So to sum up around half of the books I've read this year were picture books. So while on the surface I look like some amazing super reader the reality is vastly different.

Conclusion: Stop tracking my picture book reads they skew the results.

Despite the amount of picture books I've read I have been able to complete my 2 main reading challenges this year. The Around the Year in 52 Books and the POPSUGAR challenges. I almost didn't finish the latter, because I couldn't find a book that interested me from the Women's Prize for fiction prompt. But I slugged through The Power and finished it on December 20th. Below are the books I've read for each challenge. While some of the same books were used to fill prompts in the different challenges I never used the same book twice in the same challenge. 


Next year I plan on doing both these challenges again and I might also add a few more before the beginning of the year. Come back next year to see how I do.




Comments

Popular Posts