2022 Reading Goals




 In December I shared my 2021 Reading Wrap Up. Today I'm bringing you my plans for 2022. This year I've added a few more reading challenges, and I will be lowering my overall reading goal.

2021 Pages per book

     First of all let's discuss my yearly goal of books read. First of all I am reducing picture book tracking on StoryGraph. I'll only be adding books that I think are amazing and I want to eventually read to my students. So with that in mind I will be lowering my overall reading goal to 100 books. I am also hoping to read longer books this year hoping to offset my current statistics on StoryGraph. Because of all the picture books I've tracked my stats are skewed towards short, fast-paced books and I want to change that. So, overall for  2022 I plan on reading 100 books and have less than 50% of my books be 300 pages or less.

     Second are the 2 main challenges I do every year. The ATY in 52 books and the POPSUGAR challenges. I do these every year and barley completed them in 2021 and scrambled to fill in all the prompts with books I've read. In 2022 I plan on finishing them in less of a rush and be a little more conscious of what books I'm reading and if they fulfill a prompt. 

       

     Now for the new challenges I'm adding to my plate. I recently discovered the Bad Bitch Book Club which is an  awesome group of readers that support and encourage others in their reading with some amazing recommendations. They have a challenge for the next year which I plan on adding to my list. I am also working on StoryGraph's Onboarding Challenge. Its a challenge that uses StoryGraph's amazing tools to help you find your next read. If you are on StoryGraph check it out. The final challenge I've signed myself up for is StoryGraph's January pages challenge. Its pretty straightforward all you need to do is tracking what you read everyday in January. 

So that's it for my upcoming year. Do you have any ambitions for next year? What are your goals for 2022? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts