Three Great Middle Grade Fantasy Series

 Hi Reader Friends! 
Looking for a fantasy series to recommend to your students? Here are my three favorite series.


When people think of Fantasy Book Series they usually think Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, but there are so many other series that are just as awesome that I feel don't get enough love. So here are three of my all time favorite MG fantasy series. They're not in any particular order I loved them all equally!



First off is a series by my favorite author of all time Brandon Sanderson. So obviously I'm talking about Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians.


Alcatraz has grown up in our world but when he turns 13 he finds out that as a Smedry he is one of the people of the Free Kingdoms who fight against the evil librarians who want to control the world by limiting the knowledge that people have access to. I loved this series so much it had fantasy crazy family members, and librarians who just want to organize things and not take over the world! Though one caveat is that the ending of the series was not great. I'm glad Sanderson is writing a sequel and I really wish he would hurry up.


The second series I recommend is the Chrestomanci Series by Dianna Wynne Jones. Who despite being an author whose been around for ages I really didn't know her work really well. After reading this series I read some of her other series and may not have loved them as much but I still enjoyed them.

Chrestomanci follows the story of Christopher Chant the famous Chrestomanci whose role is to save the multiverse from magical users who try to abuse magic. Each book can pretty much stand on it's own though you might get confused with some of the characters if you don't read them in order. I loved this series so much and despite it's age it doesn't show at all. If you haven't read this series you definitely should then go out and buy a fancy a dressing gown.




The third and last series I want to recommend is Gregor the Overlander. Susan Collins is more famous for the Hunger Games but personally I think this series is way better.

Cover of the Book Gregor the Overlander
The series follows the story of Gregor who fell from our world down into the Underlands  and turns out to be the child of prophecy that will save them from various evil creatures (mainly rats). I could not put this series down and loved every minute of it. This series has a lot of action, adventure and a whole lot  quests. 

Comments

Popular Posts