Summer Reading: Book talks in Upper Elementary School

 


A large pile of middle grade books and text written across them with the words summer reading series 2021



 Hello, my fellow readers! Welcome to my new blog and my new Summer Reading Series!

I'm finishing up my Master's Thesis next year and I'm super excited. My Master's thesis is going to be about the effect book talks have on student reading volume and library circulation. Unfortunately, my personal reading life is geared more towards fantasy books and not much else. So this summer I'm planning on rectifying that by reading books in other genres. I have about 30 books on my dresser just waiting for me to read. I hope to get through all of them before school restarts in the fall. I'm hoping by expanding my reading repertoire I'll be able to book talk books that appeal to all readers enticing them to read more.
three neat piles of middle grade books on a shelf

But, I'm not going to leave my fellow educators in a lurch I will post reviews and book talk blurbs here on my blog so that all of you can benefit from my project too. So stay tuned for my Summer Reading Series! And if anybody has any book suggestions or their own book talk blurbs let me know in the comments!

In order to make finding my reviews easier I'll be posting links to my reviews here in a giant Master List Click on the book photo to go to the review.

 







Comments

Popular Posts