Books by Black Authors that I Need to Read

Let's get real. Truth about my reading life.

So, I was planning on doing a post showcasing my favorite books by Black Authors in honor of Juneteenth when I realized something not so great about my reading. I have read very few books by Black Authors. As a school librarian I'm always talking about adding more inclusive and diverse books to our shelves but apparently I don't practice what I teach. So instead of showing a list of books I have read I'm going to do the opposite. I'm going to write a list of books I want to read before next Juneteenth. 

Here they are in no particular order 

 

This is just the beginning I hope to add more books in my future. If you have a book you think I should read let me know and I'll add it to my TBR














Comments

Popular Posts