In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren

 


Hey reader friends! Time for a new book review! 

FYI I'm a elementary school librarian I read a lot of elementary level books and that is what you'll mostly find here on my blog. But I am also an adult so scattered amongst the picture books and middle grade novels will be reviews about some of my favorite books, like In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren. 

Now my all time favorite genre is fantasy. It's my go to genre, but my next favorite genre is romance. Honestly, Who doesn't love a feel good romance? And In a Holidaze does not disappoint! It's the story about Maelyn Jones and her last Christmas at The Cabin. Every year for as long as she can remember Mae's family went to the cabin with Mae's parents' friends from college. Mae loves the cabin and all the memories she has there, but when she finds out that Uncle Ricky is selling the cabin Mae is heartbroken. The cabin was the only place where she was truly happy and with it being sold she wonders if will she ever find that happiness again. So Mae makes a wish asking for a way to be happy and after a devastating car crash Mae wakes up 6 days earlier to find out she is reliving her last Christmas over again. If Mae wants out of this time loop she needs to break out of her rut and find out what truly makes her happy. 

Review:

I loved this book! I loved the characters. I loved how each of them grew into their own during the course of the book. I loved how Mae stopped being afraid to rock the boat, to finally speak up and do her own thing. I loved how Christina Lauren showed how Mae and Andrew were able to make that step from childhood friends to romantic partners. But most of all I loved Uncle Benny he was so supportive of Mae and Andrew and was happy to help them figure out who they were to each other. Honestly, a great cast of characters and a romance book that gave all the right feels.

I am so glad I found this book. I saw it all over the bookish internet spheres being hyped by so many people that when I found it in a book exchange with my librarian friends I had to pick it up and it was well worth the hype.

Rating:



Comments

Popular Posts